Sunday, November 25, 2007

PLN 11-1 (21)

While skimming through some interesting posts, I came across a post titled Maine's 1:1 laptop raises writing performance by Dan Maas which talks about how studies are showing that students that have access to laptops in everyday classes, perform better in writing by writing more and better. I believe that using laptops is very beneficial for writing skills. In my English class, I have access to a laptop everyday. Because of this, my vocabulary and grammar skills have improved drastically because while I am writing, I am able to look up synonyms to common words and enhance my vocabulary and also on word, you are able to spell check what you have written and learn from your mistake. I believe that many of my classmates fell the same way and have also improved. Having access to a laptop everyday also increases our knowledge of facts that even out teacher might not know. There is an infinite amount of information available to us with a click of a button on the Internet. We are able to expand our knowledge even beyond our teachers. People around the world are able to communicate with each other and learn from each others ideas by using programs like blogger and leaving comments on posts about how they feel about the blogger's ideas. Since our world is becoming more dependent on technology everyday, I feel that it is important for my generation to have access to as much information as they can by using this technology.

No comments: