Monday, September 17, 2007

PLN 2-1

I have recently finished an article by David Warlick titled "Could it happen here?" that talked about how in Shanghai, teachers from all over attended a conference to discuss development of schools of the future and I agree with him when he stated that the US should also create a similar conference.
Technology plays a major role in education today and it will keep increasing as time goes by. Books are now on the Internet and in my English class, we are using laptops everyday. It is important for students and teachers to know how to use this technology and it is also important for teachers to discuss what is going to happen about technology in the future. Schools of the Future to me means that everything is located on the computer. Instead of books, students will acquire their own personal laptops with online books. If teachers attend a conference about the development of schools of the future, it will be easier for the students and the teachers to transition into this new method of teaching. In science, I was never given a text book. My text book is online and it is a lot easier for me. I don't have to remember to bring it home and I also don't have to strain my back by carrying it home everyday. Technology can be very helpful but it can also be hurtful if you don't know how to use it properly. This is why teachers need to learn and know what to expect. It is easy for the Internet to feed you the wrong information because anyone is able to put down what ever information they want onto a .com web address. The Internet can be a dangerous place if you don't know what you are doing. It is important for teachers to get together and discuss what they find helpful in terms of technology to try and make the best education possible for the students.



1 comment:

joeyw said...

Anna I thought that when you talked about how that even though you can just easily get a really good picture on the internet but it's not really yours and it feels alot better when you show it to people or use it on a project or whatever. I also thought your eye contact was very good as well as the smoothness and clearity of your overall presentation.